Saturday, April 24, 2010

one year.

when i woke up this morning, i had a huge lump in my throat. i knew, without even looking on the calendar what day it was. its been a year since my uncle passed away. i still have trouble dealing with the pain of that day. i think i still have a lot of that pain locked down deep inside of me, and every once in a while a little bit comes out. i would like to think that i have learned to enjoy life more because of that day. because i know that we are not promised tomorrow. i have seen how quickly life can pass. we need to live in the moment. savor every minute.

i find traces of my uncle in my every day life. i find myself starring at the beauty of hawks in the sky. i tell the girls all about hawks, and we lay in the grass and stare up at the sky. papa likes to show the girls the hawks that fly around his house. i think he feels the same connection to the birds that i do, and we want the girls to see that beauty too.

i see a ford bronco and i smile. i can still see my uncle crawling out from under the newest bronco he acquired. the duct taped cowboy boots, the greasy hands... the big smile on his face.

when i hear cowboy boots clicking on the floor, i can picture my uncle, standing in the kitchen at my moms house. straw cowboy hat, flannel shirt, levi 501's and his black cowboy boots.

and its amazing how when there is a song that reminds you of someone, you hear it more often... this is that song.




there isn't a day goes by that I don't remember what happened today, one year ago. i doubt i ever will.

i love you uncle david, and i miss you.



Photobucket

2 comments:

MamaGord said...

love you Chey

Unknown said...

hi my name is neyla , and my family is very fantastic. we will a new baby and we are happy .12 years after my mom alfin go to have another daugther