Tuesday, January 27, 2009

36 years.

36 years. that is how long my parents have been married for today. 36 years = 432 months = 1878 weeks = 315569 hours

i wrote a thank you note to my parents a while back, and i think i can remember most of it. so, bear with me, because what better day to tell them thank you than on their anniversary.

to my parents,
thank you for being such wonderful examples for me.
thank you for teaching me how to put a worm on my hook.
thank you for allowing me to bake in your "just cleaned" kitchen.
thank you for teaching me manners & morals.
thank you for letting me get my ears pierced, again, and again, and again.
thank you for taking in a stray dog.
thank you for letting me experiment with my hair. after all, its just hair!
thank you for letting me paint the sky.
thank you for being with me while i gave birth to my daughters.
thank you for loving my daughters even more than you love me.
thank you for being strong parents of a strong soldier.
thank you teaching me how to change the oil in my car.
thank you for taking us camping.
thank you for the many pictures of doyle & i on paul bunyon.
thank you for putting up with hours upon hours of middle school and high school talent shows.
thank you for encouraging me to sing, even when i sounded like a dying cat.
thank you for taking me to get my first tattoo. im sorry that i have gone overboard.
thank you for always putting family first.
thank you for all that you have done for me, i hope that one day i am half the parents that you two are.

and if you are wondering why this blog post is in "coral" its because the traditional gift for the 35 year anniversary is "coral". they don't seem to have one for 36 years, so im just improvising :)


i love you mom & pop!

1 comment:

Elissa L. said...

you are making me all teary eyed over here! Congrats to your Momma and Poppa!