Wednesday, October 29, 2008

pop.

lemme tell you a little something about my dad. my dad is a pretty awesome dad. sure, growing up there were moments of embarrassment. like riding in the buick, while my dad was singing & doing "the buffalo stance" when he should have been driving... it cracked my friends up, and I rolled my eyes. even though he did the typical embarrassing "dad" stuff, I still knew that my dad was the coolest around. and as cool as a dad as he is, he is an UBER cool papa. i don't know many other papa's who will have a tea party, dress their granddaughters in every princess "costanume" that they own, make tents out of blankets and play "mashed motato head" every time they are asked... but my dad does. my dad lives for it. my dad lights up when my girls bat their big eyes at him and say "papa is my best friend". those girls have him wrapped around their little fingers, and truth be told, he likes it there. i love that my girls have such a special place in their hearts for their papa.

i tell you all of this because today is my pop's birthday. it was a perfect day dedicated to an awesome dad. aubrey colored him a card, and actually wrote her name for the very first time, ALL BY HERSELF on the bottom of the card. and when papa got that card, he was beaming from ear to ear with pride. that is why he is an UBER cool papa.

i thought i would post two of my favorite pics of my pop and the girls. the first pic is the very first time my dad held aubrey. she was 23 days old. the second pic is of him and the baby ava. they had a very similar hair line in that pic, but you can tell which one is ava by her being the 1 year old!!! HA!

i love you pop, and i hope you had an awesome birthday!!