Monday, May 26, 2008

memorial day...

it seems fitting that we returned from visiting my brother and his family on memorial day. the reason we went to texas was to visit with my brother before he shipped out for his second tour in iraq. of course, our trip was too short. i wish i could have stayed there longer. i wanted to get in at least a years worth of jabs at my brother, since he will be gone for a year. i love my brother. i was trying to explain to my 3 year old what her unkie does, and the best way i could explain it to her was "your unkie is a soldier. he is a brave, strong soldier who protects us. he is a hero." and with that, she proudly put her ARMY shirt on...

sorry DJ, you told me not to post any pics, but this one is just too funny :) i love you.

happy memorial day to all...

No comments: